The New York Times on the dangers of mould
Those living with aspergillosis know all too well the risks associated with mould exposure. It can be difficult, however, to sort fact from horror story on the internet sometimes. Damp and mould in the home can be a serious issue, both for those with and without pre-existing illnesses — it is therefore very important to understand the risks and take measures to identify and prevent any sources of mould growth. The New York Times has written a very useful article, quoting Professor David Denning of the National Aspergillosis Centre, on the known health consequences of mouldy homes and the importance, and difficulty, of removing the fungus.
Read the article here:
For more advice:
- How do I… find the source of the damp?
- How do I… remove mould from my washing machine?
- How do I… make my private landlord fix my damp home?
- How do I… make the council fix my damp home?
- How do I… keep my home dry?