Bronchiectasis is common with lung conditions such as Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (ABPA) as mucous accumulation and infection can lead to permanent dilation of the airways leading to persistent cough and breathlessness.
Please find links to more information and resources about bronchiectasis from the European Lung Foundation (2023):
- European Lung Foundation – Bronchiectasis – European Lung Foundation – including new bronchiectasis self-care guide.
- COPD Foundation Bronchiectasis and NTM Initiative – www.bronchiectasisandntminitiative.org
- Lung Foundation Australia (Bronchiectasis Toolbox) – https://bronchiectasis.com.au
- World Bronchiectasis Day – www.WorldBronchiectasisDay.org
- EMBARC – https://www.bronchiectasis.eu/