How do I… claim back travel costs?

Aspergillosis is not a very common condition and many aspergillosis patients will have to travel in order to meet with specialists. These trips can be expensive and inconvenient, especially if you are on a low income. Here is some advice for claiming back travel expenses in the UK.

The Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS) refunds reasonable travel costs for those on low incomes. For each claim, you need to fill in a copy of form HC5(T).

If you attend the NAC clinic at Wythenshawe, take your travel tickets and proof of eligibility (e.g. an ESA support letter) to the cashier’s window, which is near outpatients entrance 5 and the WRVS coffee kiosk. Blank copies of forms HC5(T) and HC1 are available.

Be aware that the rules can vary for those travelling from Scotland or Wales. Also be aware that reimbursements done by post must be completed within 3 months of the appointment.

Please direct further queries to their Facebook group.

Leave a Reply